Hunter has started learning how to use his compound bow.
So far he really enjoys it.
Archery is a fantastic, new-to-us sport that is suitable for toddlers through the elderly, with lots of great qualities:
Physical (and Mental) Benefits of Archery:
- Develops arm and whole upper body strength
- Builds balance, steadiness, and stability
- Develops hand-eye coordination
- Improves hand and finger flexibility and strength
- Keeping still while shooting develops core muscles and coordination
- Builds mental focusing and concentration skills
- Can be relaxing and mind-clearing
Isn’t it great?
Happy Friday! What physical things have you been doing with your family this week?
“They were armed with bows, and could use both the right hand and the left in hurling stones and shooting arrows out of a bow, even of Saul’s brethren of Benjamin.”
1 Chronicles 12:2
Hunter is 7 years, 4 months old and in “2nd” grade