- Bright red uppercase letters with thick, simple font.
- Twenty six animal pictures for each letter, but on cards separate from the letter, so you can show the letter and picture separately (ideal), or both at the same time if you want to.
- Great quality, clear, real-life animal pictures.
- Clear, bold words below the pictures in English and Spanish
- Variety of animals introduce some fun and interesting new vocabulary, like U for [sea] Urchin.
- Numbers 1-10, represented by groups of fish pictures, the numeral, and the word
- Shapes, including heart, square, star, rectangle, circle, and triangle (wish there were more, but these are good starters)
- Colors (on the shapes), including red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple (again, there could be more, but still nice)
- All of these are in English and Spanish as well
- The cards are laminated and durable.
- The thick plastic and rubber handle makes a great teether.
- It’s small – about 3in x 3in and less than an inch thick, it fits easily in the diaper bag for travel or at home.
- Cards are sometimes slightly difficult to turn on the plastic rings.
- Would have preferred some more shapes (think diamond, hexagon, etc.) and colors (brown, silver, etc.). However since I purchased it for the alphabet portion this is not a big deal.
- The mirror on the cover gets scratched up and dirty easily.
- 26 alphabet names / shapes, 26 letter sounds, 26 animals (+26 in Spanish), 10 numerals, 10 quantities, 10 number names (+10 in Spanish), 6 shapes (+6 in Spanish), 6 colors (+6 in Spanish), for a total of no less than 168 bits of information clearly and simply presented.
I am pretty sure that this is the best $5 I have spent in a long time. Sure, I could have made something homemade, but it wouldn’t have been nearly as durable, portable, or cute, and would have likely taken a couple of hours to do so.
“My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly.”